We had this afternoon off to work on our blogs and temporary structures homework assignment. I never thought an internet connection would be so hard to come by. Our apartment style hotel charges $27.00 a day with a 50MB data limit. If I uploaded 20 pictures to Facebook, I would almost reach this limit. The lack of internet has really strained our ability to complete our assignments in a timely manner. Thank goodness our professors are in the same boat as the rest of us. We have found a McDonald's down the street that has Free wifi. This McDonald's has a McCafe inside, which is almost like a starbucks. I never knew how nice McDonald's could be. All the chain fast-food restaurants in Australia seem to have better service than their USA counterparts.
Tonight we are going to eat dinner at a brewery who specializes in a couple of local Australian beers. It should be a good time but today has worn me out. I can say with 100% confidence that I will be in bed by 10pm. Also, forgot to mention we rode a large riverfront ferris wheel yesterday. Pictures are below.
These arbors may be one of the coolest things.
They were all around the riverfront park walkways
One of the two public pools in the park. It is built to
mimic a beach with sand.
View from the waterfront park.
View from the ferris wheel
Another from the ferris wheel
The ferris wheel. Keep in mid each cabin is air conditioned
with seating for 6, so the ride is fairly large.
The upper level of our river tour boat.
The view off the back of the boat.
These are riverside cliffs where rock for many of
Brisbane's early buildings was quarried.
One of the main bridges in Brisbane that was built
in the 1930s. I like the pedestal support columns.
Everything here looks so nice.
One of the houses on the riverfront.
Another house on a large hill overlooking the river.
Apparently it is one of the oldest in Brisbane and is
built from the rock mined from the riverside cliffs.
This is what the coke cans say here.


Hey how bout that flight in? I guess thats why they call it Brisbane... I enjoyed getting to spend some hilariously awesome time with you, Andrew, Caitlyn, Jay, and Jason in ferris wheel. I Think we need to go to more amusement parks back in the states and ride as many ferris wheels as we can.
ReplyDeleteThe flight is was absolutely one of the scariest plane rides every haha! I was not expecting the pilot to get on the intercom while we were around 38,000' in the air and say "please prepare for landing".... I'm so used to starting a decent THEN the pilot saying that. Kinda made my heart sink for a second haha.
ReplyDelete