Thursday, January 11 4:00pm
This morning, Chris, Jay, Prof. Hein, and I went to go visit the 6 Green Star Santos building in downtown Brisbane. Chris was unable to get in contact with the correct person beforehand so we just decided to go and see what we could finagle. After arrving, we realize the property management company of the 37 floor building was a local occupant. Prof. Hein called the managing agencies number and they quickly sent down a representative. Thank goodness Prof. Hein was with us. I seriously doubt we would have been able to get the same service without him. A woman names Shannon Ormond, a representative from Nielson Properties, was able to provide us with tons of information about all of the sustainable features of the building. We got a tour of some of the features housed in the basement but were unable to get into the top floor of the building which housed most of the features we were interested in. Two floors were currently being fitted out with rendered the mechanical floors unsafe to visit since they were currently a work zone. Completely understandable. Nonetheless, I was thoroughly surprised about how much we were able to accomplish with such short notice. I am thankful Shannon was willing and able to help us with our research. Our group is going to get a jump start to set up a tour of a green star building in Melbourne so hopefully we can gain full access.
We had this afternoon off, which allowed me to finish some of my temporary structures assignments, catch up on my blog, and take a wonderful nap. I could get used to this routine, but tomorrow it will all be turned upside down. We are meeting tonight to take a boat & walking tour of some of Brisbane's iconic bridges. It should be pretty interesting. I hope we are not out late since I have some laundry and packing to complete. Our flight leaves Brisbane at 7:00am tomorrow (friday) morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment