Today was an early morning. I need to start paying attention to my sleep schedule, as we tend to stay up a little too late. I suppose we are afraid of missing out. Anyhow, we departed campus this morning at 6:30 in order to arrive at the central train station to catch the 7:15 train departure to the Blue mountains. The ride was scenic but long. It took us about 2 hours and 20 mins to arrive in Katoomba which is the town were all the touristy mountain things are. We walked down to some awesome lookout points. I wish my camera could take a panoramic picture, but I couldn't find the setting. Stuart got an awesome one that I will steal and try to post with this entry. We walked down this staircase that was carved out into the mountain side. What I thought would be a 30-45 minute walk down the mountainside turned into about 2 1/2 hours......down only. Clearly what goes down must come back up. Anyhow, on the way down, we saw some awesome views, waterfalls, cool rocks, and other. The pictures will give a better explanation but do not do the experience justice. Once we were at the bottom, half of the group decided to climb the stairs again but the other half, myself included, chose to walk back up about 1/3 of the way and pay to take the train. This train was a cool and I am glad I was able to experience it. The driver boasted that this was the "steepest train in the world". I need no convincing with that. As we went up, I shot a video of the experience. It was a little scary but provided good views and an unusual experience. After arriving back at the top, we went back into Katoomba and grabbed lunch and a cafe called Savoy. Shortly after, we caught the train and headed back into Sydney. We are going to shower up, order take out, and complete some assignments tonight. I am thankful to be able to settle down and relax after a week of nonstop going.

A lookout point.
The stairs we walked down for 2 hours.
A rock we all climbed for a picture. I'll try to post it later.
Just part of the large waterfalls.
Trekkin
Jason speaking nonsense about our journey.
Keep in mind the "Three Sisters" is the
name of the peak we are walking under.
A video documenting our experience
on the most steep train line in the world.
Reel! I don't think any of us realized you were video taping that railway trip... I must say, this group of students are all hilarious, and the videos on your blog totally prove it. I'm glad you got a picture of those ridiculous stairs, because I was too busy dying to get one!
ReplyDelete