Tuesday January 31, 2012
Only two more days until I board the plane back to the states! I can't believe this trip has passed this quickly. Although I have had a wonderful time, I am ready to be back in the states to see my family and jump back into my routine.
Today was a free day and we all decided to take the ferry to Manly beach. After buying the $21.00 day pass for the train, bus, and ferry, we finally made it to Manly wharf. This area of Sydney screams beach influence and is a wonderful place to spend the day. Jason found us an awesome burger joint for lunch that really reminded me of Fergburger back in Queenstown. After, we went and laid on the beach. About and hour and half into our beach trip, it started raining so we retreated to a covered beachfront bar. We enjoyed some of their locally brewed beer on tap and spent a couple of hours enjoying each others company.
After, Steele and I visited a couple of the beach shops just to kill time. Later this afternoon, we took the ferry back to the city center at circular quay (key) and made our way back to Wesley hall at the University of Sydney. This evening, we visited an awesome pizza joint that allowed you to bring your own wine. We definitely took advantage of this option. Andrew and I split the beef fajita pizza which may be one of the best I have ever had.
I have spent the evening updating blogs and preparing for my visit to a Green Star building tomorrow. Let's hope it goes well!
No comments:
Post a Comment