After checking in, we were all about to starve. We walked down the strip and found the cafe at the Clock hotel had specials. Lunch specials + broke students = deal. In the middle of lunch, I was surprised by what was on the TV at this cafe at the Gold Coast in AUSTRALIA. It was none other than "Roll Tide War Eagle" playing on the TV here. Weird huh?
Our group has decided to stay in for dinner this weekend since we have a full kitchen and access to a grocery store right down the road. We were able to have lasagna, salad, and garlic bread for about $5.00 a person for 11 people tonight. It is impossible to go to McDonald's here and get a meal for less than $8 or $9 so I feel like we are doing well.
I can't wait to go to the beach tomorrow. I brought 50 SPF sunscreen to put on so hopefully I won't get burnt to bad. I will agree that the sun is much more harsh in Australia than in the states. I will let you know how this comes out tomorrow.
Waiting for the train to the Gold Coast.
Waiting an extra hour to check into our condos.
Gene's on TV in Australia?
Our balcony became the hot spot all weekend.
The view from out balcony. The beach is to the left
and was only a 5 minute 300m walk.
The inside of our condo.
The bedrooms in our condo. Study abroad life?
No comments:
Post a Comment